Sunday, February 7, 2010

How Much Do Doctors Charge For A Colposcopy

Future Film Festival & Waiting for Godot


BFI & BBC Blast: Future Film Festival

year was held at the BFI Southbank on the third Future Film Festival, during which experts BBC gave free lessons on how to turn shorts effective use software for special effects, effectively manage the assembly and many other things. This was an very interesting, segnalatami the module leader of Media Methodologies ... who sent an email to his students when the maximum number of members to the various workshops had already been reached. There was still a chance to look at two selections of short films produced by some film students like me, so I decided to also go for a look.

The first selection, Future Film Shorts Programme 3: Horrible Humour is a good start with a short film about a girl who was saved from a likely shoplifter from the clutches of a serial killer seducer, but when they were first shown a brief sketch about a killer who steps gave a hitchhiker and then the unfortunate story of a man to pull himself out of a serious gambling debt, sold the kidney of the daughter of six years, the quality has gone from falling. After three cartoons and horror that they wanted to laugh but failed, fortunately the situation has risen with a cartoon that showed the importance of washing your hands after you poop through a catchy song (original soundtrack, I presume) a short film which saw two young men on the verge of divorce, separate their assets sticking colored post-it on things they wanted for themselves and take another short fantasy with a girl who was all day watching TV and eating ice cream never help the mother to do crafts.

Despite the overall mediocrity of the shorts, I had so much crap for me to give up and remain for the second selection, which began an hour and a half later. I decided to pass the time browsing through the library of the BFI, which also sell many DVDs of foreign films and lots of books relating to film-making , when I asked about what makes the film so different from home or university television or cinema. There is something in picture quality that makes them immediately identifiable as the product of non-professionals, but I still can not explain what this is actually due to: shutter speed? the use of lights? focus? I must investigate. The impression I have, however, is that the images "domestic" are somehow more realistic than "professional", but still displayed even less palatable. I have to ask one of my professors and I hope to find and fix the problem: I want to produce beautiful images.

As I said, I stayed for the second selection, called simply Future Film Shorts Programme 1 - but if I had known what was waiting for me, I ran like hell. It was depressing two short films and five documentaries inconclusive. I narrated a short film depressing of a widow who burst to cry when he could not turn off the tap dripping but that smile again when his son was going to throw the garbage, while others saw an old lady feeding her husband a sleeping pill even older in order to sell their undisturbed scassatissima car. Documentaries inconclusive instead spoke of a young Indian cricket was a matter of life or death, a group of elderly living in a community centered on the cultivation of a garden, how important the parents, a poor African village but where children play soccer all day and I am so happy and a man on the threshold of sixty years has decided to leave his wife and children and become woman, thus achieving the ultimate happiness and the most detestable that has ever been seen on this earth at the same time. The psychological distress that has caused me the vision of this material has not been alleviated by the presence in the room super excited filmmakers of "documentary" about the importance of parents (a group of young Indians who were the raspberries over the other courts - so they and genes that are known to make films!) and the aforementioned transsexual.

If I had never known childhood trauma suffered during the early years of my life, what I witnessed yesterday was largely filled the void.


Waiting for Godot at the Theatre Royal Haymarket

After a visit from Forbidden Planet and as unsatisfactory by HMV, the quality of the day was a bit 'and Beppe relieved when I went to see Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett, in performed at the Royal Haymarket Theatre near Leicester Square. It was so I wanted to see this tragicomedy of the theater of the absurd, and when I saw the pages of the 'Evening Standard which was staged in London with Ian McKellen in one of the main roles I decided I could not miss it.

I must admit however that Godot I expected a bit 'more: I can not even tell me to be completely disappointed, I have not even thought of that masterpiece theater where I had heard so much about. If behind every joke there is a hidden meaning in addition to the general absurdity of existence and human life, I have not read. This is probably due to the fact that I am the theater of the absurd, Beckett and Godot in high school I studied them, but my idea is that if a work is valuable and well-designed there is no need to study it in depth for understand it, except for some details are specially designed for experts and scholars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment